Black and White to Color



For this project, we had to turn a black and white image into color using the adobe color palette. I used colors that don't look natural but look good together. My favorite is the Split Complementary because there are three different colors used that contrast each other and the environment reminds me of The Little Mermaid. I used complimentary with blue and orange colors because I like the mix of warm and cool colors. I liked using monochromatic because it's different shades of the same color and looks a little natural. 
I used this picture because I felt the background was perfect to work with and I wanted the rocks to be the focal point. It was hard selecting the right amount of area for each color change so I had to do multiple selections most of the time. I like that it doesn't;t look realistic but I like the colors I used.

Comments

  1. I like how these turned out. Your color combinations work really well, but I keep going back to the monochromatic piece. I love the neutral tones mixed with the grayscale.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy

Tag Brush

Propaganda Poster