Autoscopy

For this project, I wanted to contrast the background with what is going on inside me. The background is a peaceful environment that represents optimism and happiness that I want to surround myself with. Inside of me are flames and cogwheels to represent the amount of stress I have gained this year and how much I have changed negatively. I wanted to tell a little story and add a little seriousness to this project, but I like the contrast.
I used layers and masking and curves to blend all the images together and adjusted the opacity, hue and saturation, and brightness to add more emphasis and darkness overall. I enjoyed using photoshop, it wasn't as hard as I thought.

All Images Used








 

Comments

  1. I thought this photo was amazing. It seriously reminded me of the strong Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. The way you put everything together was great, especially how you put your logo on the clock. I thought that was a part of the clock itself. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haylie,

    This is an incredible piece of art. I really like the depth provided on how this is a look inside of your world without actually witnessing your world directly. It feels like such a great piece of expression of self. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By looking at this piece of art, I already understood it before I even read the statement. The picture tells me all I need to know and I love that. You really told a story with this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like it was done by a professional artist. I love the message of the peaceful background of nature to represent happiness. The flames go really well with the story you are telling about the stress you've encountered and I love the honesty in the artist statement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tag Brush

Propaganda Poster