Calligram

 


Calligram


Inspiration

I am so proud of myself for this project. This is one I actually enjoyed doing and I didn't find that frustrating. I wanted to write my letter into Hogwarts because I love the school structure and it has a lot of symbolism and it's unique. This was instantly my first idea but I didn't think I was going to go through with it because I knew it was going to be a little harder and take longer but I decided to go through with it. 

I used the pen tool to outline the buildings and the rocks and the bridges and the path text to do some of the roofs and the text to fill in the shapes I created. I used the curve tool a little bit but mostly the pen tool. In some places where I needed to fill in smaller buildings, I filled in with random text. I also included some Harry Potter quotes and Bible verses that are special to me. This took about 4-5 hours.


Dear future self,

            Coming from a hard and so far, frustrating school year in 2021, I hope you are happy and successful and proud of yourself. Whether you are a forensic tech in St. Pete Police Department or a screenwriter or movie editor, I hope you settled for something you are good at and love to do. I hope you have the somewhat simple but amazing adventurous life you always wanted. A husband and a few kids and a couple dogs and a nice house somewhere on an island in Captiva or in The Keys.

 As you shift and life changes, I hope you remember that God is in control. God never changes, He never changes his mind about you. I hope your relationship with him has grown as well as your relationship with your family. Know that God always has a plan for you, even if it is not expected or doesn’t seem right, He is always in control and He has something special planned for you. Life isn’t going to be easy and just because it’s hard doesn’t mean you took the wrong path. It just means you have to work a little harder than you wanted to and it is only going to make you stronger. No matter where you are in 20 years, no matter what has happened within those years, God is always in control.

I hope you travelled all the places you wanted to or get to travel these places soon like Hawaii, the Bahamas, Alaska, Australia, France, California, Mexico. How long have you been working at your current job? How long did you work at the studio which is where you are working now as you wrote this letter? I hope you keep in mind the amazing and important life lessons taught by the many important people in your life. It is weird to think about the fact that when you see this in 20 years, you’ll be all grown up on your own with a family on your own, dealing with bigger life situations. I hope you learned to not give up so easily and learned to love yourself. I hope you realized how far you’ve come. 




Comments

  1. this looks so awesome, i love the inspiration and how it came out. You did such a great job with the execution. the idea behind this is so fun i love it. great job :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy

Tag Brush

Propaganda Poster